Tuesday, November 27, 2007

10 Days to 10 Years !

I can't believe it but Kendra and I will be celebrating 10 years of marriage on Thursday, December 6th. I wanted to find a way to reflect back on those years and just try to highlight some favorite memories of the last 10 years. This is going to be difficult because I know I will miss something along the way. But it's going to be fun as well as I think back about a great marriage. Think of this as a "12 days of Christmas" format so you'll have to check back each of the next 10 days.

One of the great memories for us was back in the spring of 2000 when we bought our first house in Bedford at 3228 Emerald Street. I think about this significant event because it's where our family time was born as each of our 3 wonderful kids absolutely complete our family. It's actually hard to imagine when it was just Kendra and I. Even when we get the privilege of going out on a date without our kids, it's only a temporary great feeling. That is in no way reflective on the order of importance for me. Kendra is it !!! These poor kids don't hold a candle to my sweet kiddo!! They can smile, laugh, cry and whine all they want but they will never have my heart the way Kendra does... no question about it. However, thankfully the Lord made my heart big enough for 3 little guys who I absolutely adore and I think they think I'm kinda fun too. Our house has so many memories already from the first time we brought Tyler home from the hospital in 2001 to getting a new roof in 2007 !! HA My favorite memories involve how we've personalized this house. We spent almost a month when we first got it in order to paint almost every inch of this house. Of course, we did it all ourselves with help from family and friends. It was a bonding time for us. And then there has been alot of repainting and re-doing over the last 7 years which have certainly supplied a lot of fun and funny moments of house repair. We enjoyed the pool time with the kids and watching our 2 oldest grow up so much to see them swimming and playing so well without our constant assistance. They love that pool and it's provided great relief for us during the summer... we are blessed.

We are fortunate to have a great house but obviously I'm not as excited about the brick and mortar as the fun and love that lives between the walls! (sounds like a greeting card) We've talked about moving in the next year if it's the Lord's will. If it is, I will always have great memories of this house.

More to come so check back tomorrow !!

Blessed be your name,
SJ

1 Comments:

At 10:19 PM , Blogger Monica said...

WOW 10 years!!! I had not thought about that. I enjoyed your post. I love your house and have had many great memories there over the year, but I sure do look forward to a new house closer to Aunt Moni

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home