Thursday, January 06, 2005

Halftime Shows

There's alot of news out right now about the halftime show from Tuesday night's College Football National Championship game. That's on the heals of the last 11 months of Janet Jackson "wardrobe malfunction" discussion.

The fact of the matter - I hate all of these halftime shows. You can talk to me about ratings, money, entertainment but to me if I'm watching a FOOTBALL game, I really could care less about the halftime show. I really don't know that many non-football fans who tune into this game for the halftime show. My wife is certainly among those who have better things to do. Now, if you were to showcase a "Halftime Marching Band Experience - Fans you get to vote" show, she'd be there. I think they ought to consider just putting the 2 college's marching bands and let's showcase them. For the Super Bowl, we ought to spend time dissecting the game, reviewing the 1st half commercials or maybe having a "here's the Best college band in the country" reward. We don't need any more lip-synching, heavy metal, cheap entertainment doing the newest hit and some greatest oldie with cheap dancers dress in ridiculous outfits (did you see the girl dancers dressed like football players Tuesday night!!) Think of all the money that is spent on that show. What a waste in my opinion.

Give me the Texas A&M Fightin' Aggie Band for 30 min. and I'd be happy. The rest is nothing more than something to make fun of the morning after. Am I alone on this?

God bless you all,

SJ

1 Comments:

At 1:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm reading, hun! I liked your Christmas one with your top 10. Great memories. I'll work on increasing my love for looking at Christmas lights. . .sorry that's so disappointing! he!
K

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home