Friday, February 23, 2007

Guys Night Out: Daddy, Tyler, Colby, Brady ... and Curious George ?

It's guys night out at our house tonight (sorry, no pics on this one). Kendra is enjoying some good sister time tonight as she is spending the night over at her house. Thought you'd all enjoy some of the conversations that I got to be a part of tonight. T=Tyler, C=Colby, B=Brady, D=Daddy:

T - Hey Dad, what's you got in there? (pointing at Wendy's cup)
D - Diet Coke
T- (licking lips) yummmmyyy - I think that would be a good idea.
D - what would be a good idea Tyler
T - for you to share (with his eyebrows raised and a cheezy grin)
----------
C - Hey Tyler, why you not dressing up?
T - Because I don't want to.
C - But who is going to be the bad guy so I can be the Red Power Ranger and shoot them
T - Daddy
D - (halfway paying attention) what?
B - (Brady begins humping the ottoman - sorry it sure looked that way!)
T - Dad?
D - What Tyler
T - Do you want to be the bad guy?
D - Sure
T - that would be a good idea. I think I'll be the bad guy too
C - hey Dad?
D - what Colby?
C - Tyler doesn't want to be the bad guy anymore because I will shoot him. Do you want to be the bad guy.
D - Are you going to shoot me
C - (starts laughing hysterically) .... yeah!!
B - still humping the ottoman but giggles in the process

After all this fun exciting conversation, I put Brady to bed. I then took the boys to the kitchen and we played Curious George Uno card game. Brady missed being a part of the fun so he decided to scream loud enough to cause Daddy, Tyler and Colby to go tell him to be quiet. We found him standing up in his crib, crying uncontrollable. I gave him a little bit of Tylenol, a big goodnight squeeze (the Daddy kind that Brady loves because he grunts when I do it!) and we put him back in his bed. He was out in 2 seconds... go figure!!

We had a good time playing out the card game. Then it was time for big boys to get in bed. Tyler claimed his eye was hurting but when he showed me, I realized he might have some sinus issues going on. It was funny watching him hold a cup of ice water to his face to "make my eye feel so much better". Meds for him too and it was off to bed.

I love my 3 boys. They are the best. We miss you Mommy!!

God bless you all,
SJ

3 Comments:

At 7:48 AM , Blogger Kendra said...

Aww . . that's a fun way to start my day here at the Head house (they still know how to sleep in because they have no kids yet - me, I wake up at boy wake up time no matter where my head is resting! he!)Sounds like you guys had a fun night - can't wait to see Brady's "new trick" with the ottoman. Oh dear. By the way - Brady knows how to pull up, but he hasn't figured out how to get down yet - I think he's afraid of letting go . .

 
At 1:43 PM , Blogger LEstes65 said...

What a fun night! I could visualize the whole thing. You are triply blessed (is that a word?).

 
At 1:01 PM , Blogger Kelly Vaughn said...

DV - sounds fun! The only thing that gets weirder is when the "trick" takes place between 2 toddlers who have no idea what they are doing...we chuckle and grimmace at the same time. Anyway, hate to make that the center of the blog comment! Sounds like you had a great Dad time with them...Tyler is so hysterical with his "looks". I love it and can't wait to be around TCB very soon!!
-Ned

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home