Thursday, November 29, 2007

8 Days to 10 Years !

Ok, 8 days to go until our 10-year anniversary. If you missed any of the last posts (that started the 10 day countdown), scroll down to read them.

This post may be a bit shorter due to time constraints but that in no way reflects upon my true feelings for this topic: In-laws!!

I've been extremely blessed with wonderful parents. Ronnie and Judy Vaughn are the best parents in the world and I'm extremely fortunate to have been raised by them in a Christian environment and many of the parenting skills I have, I've learned from them. So kudos Mom & Dad!! When a guy as fortunate as me can add another set of "parents" in the case of my in-laws, then I'm certainly considered double-fortunate. Larry and Brenda are great in-laws. Having a father-in-law and mother-in-law who are Christians and who love me as if I was their own, well I'm just extremely blessed. I come from a great family and married into an equally great family. So as I reflect over the past 10 years, I can think of many fond memories and experiences with my in-laws and I know some who would struggle with that reflection. Again, I'm richly blessed.

I wouldn't be completing my thought if I didn't add that I have 2 wonderful brothers, Gary and Randy. I was one of three brothers in my house growing up. So, when Kendra and I got married, I received the blessing of gaining a "sister" that I never had. My sister-in-law Monica is truly the best sis-in-law around. She's been nothing but supportive of me (at least in front of my back!! HA) and is always fun to be around. She's been a great friend and an incredible Super Aunt to my 3 boys. The way she loves and treats them causes me to hold a special place for her. I love you Aunt Moni! And of course, now, I have a great brother-in-law now that Monica and Aric got married over 2 years ago.

So here's to all of my in-laws. Wish I could have more time to devote to sharing how you've encouraged me over these 10 years. I've very blessed by you all.

Blessed be your name,
SJ

1 Comments:

At 10:49 PM , Blogger Monica said...

Love you to Donny. And I do support you even behind your back. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home