Wednesday, June 16, 2004

June 16, 2004

Today's blog will not be near as long... apologize for the lenthly rant yesterday.

Update on the manhood week: I had a great time at the driving range with my buddy, George. For those guys at ACU that know me, think of "freakin'" and you'll have the right George. I'm trying to get George into playing golf as a hobby so we can hit the links every so often. We will see but I hope it does.

Watched a little of the NBA game last night but it bored me quickly. I don't like NBA basketball, even the playoffs. Give me March Madness !! Of course, football is my favorite. Dallas Cowboys for the NFL and Texas A&M Aggies for college! Gig 'em Coach Fran !!

I remembered at one point that we had rented Shrek (the 1st one) to see what the fuss was all about and never got through it before Kendra left for Midland. Review... uh... not that great in my opinion. Alot more cussing and potty humor than I expected - thus the PG. In fact, to make it more interesting I turned the DVD option of "Directors Commentary" on so I can listen to them talk about the movie as the movie played. Plus I had the subtitles on so this was definitely not your father's movie watching experience. I think I'm getting too old because I'm addicted to subtitles. If I watch a movie without them, I'm constantly saying "What did he say?" So watching a movie with subtitles makes it stress free. Try it if you haven't done so - just make sure you choose English instead of French ! :) I guess if you knew the movie lines by heart it would be a cool way to learn French !

Miss my family so much. It was fun to hear both my boys, Tyler and Colby, say Hi to Daddy this morning over the phone. My one year old even got out a hint of "I love you". I melted on the spot. They love spending time with their grandparents on both sides. This week is with Nonny and PawPaw. In 2 weeks (over July 4th holiday weekend), it's Nana and Papa's turn. Gotta have balance you know!!

This is getting longer than expected ... Kendra when you are reading this in Midland, know that I'm loving you clear across Texas !! You're the best! No you are! OK!!

God bless you all,

SJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home