Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween!!





















The pictures above are the carved pumpkins that have been outside our front door since Thursday of last week. This has been a 2nd year tradition for us - to carve pumpkins. This year, there was no question on how we wanted to decorate them given the boys' excitement for Superman and Batman.

Maybe since I can't make great birthday cakes like my two brothers, I can at least have some fun with pumpkins!! HA

This weekend, we went to a "Fall Festival" at the Grapevine Church of Christ on Saturday night. It was a lot of fun with bounce houses, train rides and lots of candy. It's a smaller church than Richland Hills but they did a GREAT job in putting this event on. Seemed like the whole church was involved from the kids helping to the senior citizens handing out candy in the upstairs trick-or-treat hallway. My boys loved it!!

Tonight, Richland Hills will be having their Fall Fest if the rain doesn't interfere. Hopefully it won't! The boys are excited to wear their costumes again. Can't wait to see them - they are so cute.

Anyway, that's our weekend. More to come on the Baby Boy #3 name - we are close to an announcement. Check back later this week !!

God bless you all,
SJ

2 Comments:

At 11:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey
I love the pumkins
they are so cool
I hope you all have a good Halloween
love
Hailey

 
At 4:50 PM , Blogger Kelly Vaughn said...

I'm pleased you have found your calling. Cakes I believe are on a different level...multi-colored, often 3-D design elements, that horrible task of writing with icing (that's not what it was intended for!!)...but I do applaud your efforts in the gourd arena. Very nice work. You're helping me get over my Halloween aversion. Honestly, I'm glad we're into November now! Each year, I feel this tension leading up to the final night of October and such a great relief on Nov 1st. Guess participating in all those haunted houses down the street just left me with a bad taste for that October "holiday" (don't we get that term from "holy day"...hummm...) Bring on Christmas!! (even though in Benin, you don't start seeing signs of it until like 2 weeks before...AUGGHH!) That's not going to stop us from bringing out the decorations at our house in 2 weeks from NOW!
-Randy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home