Wednesday, November 08, 2006

38 reasons why I like turning 38 !

Ok, the title got ya nervous - didn't it?? Go on, admit... "oh no, not another long list by Smooth Johnny - I just can't take it!!! "

Well, today I turned 38 ! Oh, and Happy Birthday Randy!! Since I left you out of the last post, I thought I'd better mention it now while I was thinking about it.

So here are some observations and thoughts from my "big day":

  • I spent 2 hours this morning listening to a woman cry about how her boss hates her!! Couldn't think of a better way to spend my birthday.
  • I like the number 38. I'm more and more like my wife in not liking odd numbers.
  • 40 is approaching and I'm OK with that.
  • How can someone as immature as me (if you were inside my head you'd agree with that statement) be 38 years old?
  • The older I get, the more I hate politics and political ads. There was a day that I enjoyed it but it wears on me now. I'm glad voting day is behind us ... at least until I turn 40 and then there's no telling how grumpy I'll be about the presidential race!!
  • The older I get the more prejudice I become . . against ignorant people ! HA Whether that is someone who is just clueless (surface ignorance) or someone who is just racist (ran across that today too and that's true ignorance) - I just don't like being around them.
  • Getting cards in the mail! Still fun to get these! Thanks Mom and Dad and all the others who sent them!!
  • The 9th best-selling book in 1968 was "The Weight Watcher's Cook Book" (funny, huh) :-)
  • At 38, I find great peace at simply watching random pictures of my 3 wonderful boys come across our computer's screen saver. It's amazing how God can make your heart swell to 3 times it's normal size after having kids!! Man I love those guys!!
  • After a long day at work that didn't end until almost 7:00 pm, I skipped church and came home to my wife who was not feeling well. Still, it's the BEST part of my birthday. Thanks dear for just being the Godly woman and beautiful kiddo that you are and being there for me to come home to - that means so much!!!
  • Psalm 139 is still one of my favorites parts of the Bible. The fact that HE knit me together 38 years ago is still an incredible thought for me!

Happy Birthday Me (and Randy)!!!

God bless you all,

SJ

2 Comments:

At 4:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey donny
Happy birthday
Hope you have a great day
love you lots
*Hailey
P.S. happy birthday to Randy too.

 
At 3:26 AM , Blogger Kelly Vaughn said...

I'm glad to hear you're OK with 40, too...seems funny when people aren't...not sure I get that whole thing. Anyway, happy belated to you, too....the day we spent together was great fun (still got the new truck fever after that test drive!!)
-RV

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home