Saturday, December 01, 2007

7 Days to 10 Years !

I apologize to all those who were looking for a Friday update... day just got away from me. So I'll post "7 Days" and "6 Days" both today.

It's difficult to reflect over the last 10 years without thinking of how the Lord has blessed us with great laughter. There have been many times that Kendra and I have laughed together, whether in our first townhome, this Emerald Street house, in the car or just anywhere.

One of the reasons I fell in love with Kendra is her laugh. She may not even know that. Anyone who knows how to laugh on a regular basis is high on my list. And Kendra is the highest. We have found a way to make each other laugh, found a way to laugh at ourselves and from time to time even laugh at the expense of others!! HA (sorry to all of you out there who we laughed about!! HA)

I think over the last 7 years, we've probably laughed more than ever because of our kids. It may be something our kids say or more than likely something they have done. They truly make us laugh. The other night we had a great laugh together (Kendra and I) after what began as a tragic scream from our son Tyler. Tyler had gone into the bathroom to get a tissue for his nose but the light was off. The tissue box sits on the back of the toilet. He thought he could navigate safely to the box of tissues in the dark but he got more than he bargained for. Shortly after entering the bathroom, we heard a horrible scream and shrill come from the bathroom. I'm not sure I've reacted faster in my life as I ran to the bathroom. Kendra had beat me to it only to find....

Well, apparently Tyler had not realized that the toilet lid was up and not down. So in his effort to "climb on the toilet to get a tissue" (as he explained his thought process), he managed to step directly into the toilet. The event scared him so much that he screamed like crazy!!!! I think after we got Tyler to bed, Kendra and I had a great big laugh over this event.

It's stories like that which I have cherished over the last 10 years. And I can't wait for many more laughs to come.

Blessed be your name,
SJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home