Saturday, June 24, 2006

BBC06 - Day 2 Evening Report

What a day!! There was another surprise that I came up with this morning which the boys thought would fit great into BBC06!! (and frankly, I wanted to do it too!!)

Yes, that's right... we went to see the "Cars" movie again! We've already seen it once - click here if you want more information on that experience. The boys and I loved it just as much the 2nd time around. Even Brady did absolutely fabulous. Somehow in that loud, car-racing type of movie, he managed to fall asleep on my shoulder which made it even more fun for me. This time the boys took their McDonald toys (Colby had "Fillmore" and Tyler had "Sally") so they grinned at me almost every time their toy character said something funny. But they just love Lightning McQueen and Mader. If you've seen the movie, you know why.

After we returned from the movie, we had a light snack and did some coloring pictures. We then made some cookies for BBC06 weekend.












Then we did some cleaning up which Tyler and Colby both helped out with.













Then it was nap time!! Whoa - thank you Lord for naps! I only took about a 20-minute "power nap" but that's what I needed. Brady went down for almost 4 hours, Colby for 3 and even Tyler did a 2 hour nap which was awesome.

While Colby was still sleeping and after Brady's afternoon feeding, I had Tyler help me give Brady a bath which they both enjoyed alot. I really think those 2 really are going to be great friends one day.

After Colby got up, it was off to Cici's Pizza for dinner. First time in a long time that I'd been there with Tyler and Colby because of Brady being born. Having a newborn kinda throws any routine out the window for a few months but it certainly was fun being back there with them. The boys were great as always. Then it was back here for swim time. Brady went down for a short hour-long nap to afford me the chance to swim with T&C which I always enjoy. Those boys are so much fun in the pool.

We closed out the night with bathtime for T&C as Brady watched. He chuckled several times at seeing his older brother's antics in the bathtub. We then watched a short Veggie Tales movie as I gave Brady his final bottle of the night. Then they were all in bed by 8:50 pm. I'm not going to sleep in T&C's room tonight b/c I need to get an earlier start in the morning b/c of church. We are going to do our best to leave here by 7:40 if we can make it!! We'll see...

Buddy Boo Camp '06 is almost over - just one day left. I can totally see this becoming an annual tradition. I imagine that as the kids get older this "camp" will take on many different forms and probably a title change down the road !! HA Can't imagine my 15-yr old Tyler being thrilled about telling his friends about how he has to spend his weekend with his nerdy dad and brothers at Buddy Boo Camp 2016 (that's weird putting that year in there like that).

Guess we'll see if this sticks. If every year can be this much fun ... I hope it does.

God bless you all,
SJ

4 Comments:

At 6:01 PM , Blogger The Vaughn 5 said...

Donny:

Looks like you had it all under control and had a good time. The picture of Brady looks like he has grown so much! We can't wait to spend some time with you next week!
Toni

 
At 9:34 PM , Blogger Monica said...

I think my boys grew over the weekend. Aunt Moni may have to make an emergency visit before Wednesday!! I am so glad my nephews have a dad like you. I agree Buddy Boo camp can be a tradition. Kendra and I had so much fun together. Thanks Brother, you are the best

 
At 10:19 PM , Blogger Monica said...

by the way I love the pictures of tyler and colby sweeping the floor. That is HYSTERICAL!!! the picture of Brady next to the bath tub makes me nervous, he is not buckled in. : ) Dad's are not suposed to be about safety right?

 
At 1:51 AM , Blogger Kelly Vaughn said...

I'll continue the critiques (started by your sis-in-law...ha)....what's up with the slice-and-bake?!! Come on brutha? What a teaching moment for the kids to make things from scratch (plus what fun it is to lick the beaters!!)! What, you afraid of a little (alot) of flour all over you, the kids and the floor?!!
HA! JUST KIDDING!
-Randy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home