Monday, December 03, 2007

4 Days to 10 Years !

Ok, 4 days to go until our 10-year anniversary. If you missed any of the last posts (that started the 10 day countdown), scroll down to read them.

This post may seem a little "shallow" but I thought it would be fun to mention. I'll start by saying that while Kendra and I agree on alot of things, there are things that we don't... and that's OK. One of those might be TV programs. For example, I may have every TV tuned to a sporting event so I don't miss a moment walking through the house. (hey, what's wrong with that!!!) Kendra isn't a big fan of that or maybe even all the political shows that I'll have on (Hannity & Colmes) or worse, anything to do with Jim Cramer on CNBC because Kendra thinks he just yells at the TV... which he does but it's funny to me. Then there are the times when I'm not in control of the TV and there's "A Baby Story" on from TLC. Or the TLC show about the midgets that I can't stand. Or I'm not a fan of the usual sappy love story.

So, when we find TV on that we both like, then we celebrate!! Ok, that's a stretch but there are alot of memories for me with Kendra as we sat down to watch some TV shows (usually after the kids went to bed). I can think of all the Survivor episodes we watched back in Season 2 and Season 3. Not much after that. We went through a big CSI kick for a while before it got just flat out weird on us. We still like CSI NY when we can though. Then there were the many seasons of the Apprentice that we faithfully watched. I can also remember the funny premise show involving the spoof of the "Who wants to marry a millionaire" where the whole show was based around a real pretty blonde having to convince her family she was marrying this bumbling fool who was less than attractive and even less "polished". I can't remember the name but Kendra may remember. For some reason we got a kick out of that!!

Then there was there was "Trading Spaces" kick we got on. I remember distinctly coming home one night from our accountability group in a hurry in order to make it for the big $10,000 Trading Spaces episode. That was a fun one to watch together so we could covet all the new kitchen appliances!! :-)

Recently we are into watching The Biggest Loser and our favorite now, '24' with Keifer Sutherland. We got hooked on '24' last season (our first one) so now we are in the process of going back to watch all the previous seasons. We've watched Seasons 1, 2, and 3 and will be starting Season 4 soon.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some of the other TV shows that we've sat down together to watch. And even though it's only TV, it has been fun for us to have that time together over the last 10 years. I do promise to have more "serious" reflections the next few days!! HA

Blessed be the name,

SJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home