Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Boy I love my boys !

I love my 2 boys! Tyler (3) and Colby (17 mos) are a blessing to me and Kendra. They are both very unique in their own ways but are wonderful kids. As I write this, Colby is perched up on the bed with me watching every keystroke. He continues to jabber in his own words and I so badly wish I knew what he was saying. It sounds so cute and very deliberate so I know he's got something on his mind. If the spelling is off on this entry, I apologize because Colby keeps pushing his "bull binky" (the thing he sleeps with that looks like a cow) on my laptop and it's about to drive me crazy!! :) Now, he's crawling up on my chest so I really can't see what I'm typing. Do you get the sense that he doesn't want to watch me blog but wants to play? :) Guess I better make this quick.

Tyler has not been napping well today but did finally go to sleep. We've continued to leave his baby monitor in his room so we can hear what's going on in his room if we want. I'm on the other side of the house so I heard him all afternoon not taking his nap. At one point I went into his room in a "surprise parental attack" ! I opened the door quickly to see if I could catch him in the act of whatever he was doing. When I opened the door, I laughed out loud. He was down at the foot of his bed underneath all of his sheets. He immediately knew he was busted and frantically (and I do mean frantically) tried to get out from under his covers and get back into the "sleep position" so as not to make Daddy mad. However, he couldn't get out from under all the covers so he just stood there for a minute like "he'll never see me if I don't move". I had to come over and pull the covers off him. Once he got a look at me he said in his cute little voice "ootz, sorry Dad" and went back to his sleep position. As much as I wanted to discipline him for not taking his nap (which we've done before), I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I patted him on his head and went to close the door. As I did that, I hear "Love you Dad - be good". So cute !!

Well, there you have it. If you didn't know how I felt about my cute boys, you do now. I love them both dearly... despite the fact that Colby is whipping me right now messing with my mouse and laptop screen !! UGH !! :)

God bless you all,

SJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home