Thursday, July 08, 2004

Big Tators and Apollo 13

9 years ago today, I was completely a nervous wreck. I remember how nervous I was because those things stick with you. You see, this was my first date with this beautiful and very nice intern at our church. She had just graduated from ACU and I had been keeping my eye on her all summer. July 8th, 1995 was a our first date and I was nervous.

Somehow in one of our casual conversations prior to that day it came up that Kendra and I both like baked potatoes. I'm sure that's how I swept her off her feet !! :) So I decided to take her to this restaurant that had these huge baked potatoes. I just happened to be inside a hotel so it was "risque" to be able to tell friends that I took her to a hotel on our first date ! After we enjoyed dinner which I think included sharing a sundae (how romantic) we went to see Apollo 13, the movie with Tom Hanks. I'm sure I was still just as nervous which is why I've seen the movie more than once because I'm sure I didn't pay all that close attention with this cute girl next to me just waiting to hold my hand!

Can't believe it's been 9 years! It's hard to imagine how many dates we've been on together since then. But I know this... I've loved EVERYONE of them. My wife is wonderful and a blessing to me and so many others. I hear that all the time from people and I'm constantly reminded about how richly blessed I am to have a wife like Kendra. I praise God that I married a godly woman who loves me and is a great Mom to my boys.

Kendra, I'm not writing this because I know you are starting to read my blogs but then again, I'm glad I'm writing this because I know you are reading my blogs. If I don't tell you enough, I love you kiddo!! You are the best.

Thanks for saying "YES" to my request back 9 years ago. It's amazing how that one word changed our lives forever. Love you dear !!

God bless you all,

SJ

2 Comments:

At 2:21 PM , Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Congrats, brother. That's awesome!!

 
At 4:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet memories, dear. Thanks for asking. Thanks for being patient. Thanks for being so precious. I love you.
K

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home