Monday, July 19, 2004

More "I like it, I love it ..."

Thought of a few more things to add to my July 6th post called "I like it, I love it, I want some more of it!"
  • Debit cards over credit cards (when possible!)
  • Gift cards over gift certificates (the old paper ones)
  • Swimming in the evening over swimming in the heat of the day
  • Aquafina over Dasani (bottled water)
  • Teaching 3 yr olds over 13 yr olds
  • Tahoe/Yukon over Benz/Lexus
  • Chocolate milk over regular milk
  • Skim milk over whole milk
  • Cheetos Cheese Puffs over Cheetos Crunchy
  • Crunch PB over Cream PB
  • Heinz ketchup over Huntz (make a note honey!)
  • Honey mustard over plain mustard
  • Golf on TV over Baseball on TV
  • Winnie the Pooh over Thomas the Train (the classic wins out!!)
  • Seeing family in person over email them 

The last one is for my sister-in-law, Kelly, who is in from Africa for a few weeks.   I was able to be with her for a couple of days this past weekend and it is so fun to see her in person and talk to her.  It was also fun hanging out with my niece, Tori and nephew, Timo (short for Timothy).  Timo and I bonded which I was think was due to the fact that I looked like his Dad (my twin in Africa).   Tori and I got to sit and watch some movies on Saturday so that was fun.  She's so grown up for a girl her age.   Fun to sit and just talk to her. 

My brother, Randy, is in Benin West Africa ministering to the Aja people there.   If you want a good read from someone with a unique missionary viewpoint, check out his blog.   For those that know Randy, you can also email him at rkvaughn@harvestfields.net - I know he'd love to hear from you.  

Randy, only 44 days to go til we land in Benin !!  Kendra and I are blessed with the opportunity to visit Randy and Kelly in Benin coming up this September.   We are so excited to see the work that is being done their, meet the great friends that Randy and Kelly have made there, see their house and living conditions as well as have a little play time on the beaches of Africa.   I know the Bible tells us not to be anxious about anything, but I hope He'll make an exception here !!   Can't wait !!!

God bless you all,

SJ

 

 




1 Comments:

At 7:43 AM , Blogger Kelly Vaughn said...

What do you put on a hotdog? Honey mustard??? Please....

Thanks for the plug!!

RV

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home