Tuesday, July 20, 2004

This is your captain speaking - You are now free to make a fool of yourself on TV

Ok, I must admit that I'm addicted to a new reality TV show that I came across in the last month or so.   It's awesome to watch if you like "distance conflict" (the kind that doesn't involve you directly but you can watch others be involved with from afar).   It's a show on the cable network A&E called Airline.   It comes on Monday nights at 10E/9C.   It's perfect too because we usually put our kids to be between 8:30 and 9:00.  I can honestly say that I've rushed a prayer or bedtime story a time or two so I wouldn't miss the beginning of the show.   Go ahead, call CPS and turn me in!!!
 
The show is basically showing different conflicts that arise between passengers and Southwest Airlines at LAX and Chicago.   They weave in some human interest stories from time to time (like last night's episode involving 2 SWA co-workers getting engaged) as well.   What's funny (and sometimes uncomfortable) is watching how upset people get and the way the react.   I'm amazed that people act this way with a camera in their face.  Even if you didn't know that you would be on TV, wouldn't you wonder if your actions would show up somewhere again for others to watch - why else would someone be recording it?  
 
Just thought I'd pass on my public service announcement for this for those who are interested.   It may not rank up there with The Apprentice or Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance' (yes, I admit that I got hooked on that show) but it's a fun way to wind down a Monday - watching others make complete fools of themselves.   I go to bed thinking pretty good about myself !!
 
God bless you all,
 
SJ

1 Comments:

At 7:40 AM , Blogger Kelly Vaughn said...

Sounds hysterical, but please don't record it for me...think that would drive me crazy! I'll call CPS in the morning....
RV

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home