Friday, August 13, 2004

My Family Matters !

I can spend so much time on this blog talking about goofy stuff but today is a day of focus. Today, family matters !! Today, I'm just going to write about my family. I hope this blesses you as much as it does me.

My wife Kendra is great ! We've been married almost 7 years (December 7th is fast-approaching!) and it's gotten better each year. We may look alot different than those kids who got married back in 1997 but our relationship with each other is better now than ever. Kendra and I continue to seek ways to strengthen our Christian walk together. We are challenged every day to put God first and find time...uh... make time together in prayer and study of His word. I love Kendra's devotion to God's word and the way she soaks it up. It's precious to me to catch a glimpse of her during her quiet time. I know she's a godly woman and I praise God that He decided that I needed to be her partner for life. I love you kiddo !!

Tyler is my wonderful 3 year old son. He's my wrestling buddy, my computer whiz, and just about one of the cutest kids you'll meet. (biased of course) Tyler has a great imagination and loves to act out what all is going through his head. He loves Pooh, JoJo's Circus (Disney), Buzz Lightyear and Woody, Veggie Tales, children's praise songs (Jana Alayra, the Donut Man and Karen Henley are his favorites). It's so much fun to listen and watch him praise His creator. Tyler loves to swim and is getting better and better at it each day. He loves to read books, especially at bedtime. He loves a good tickle-rub on his belly too at night and that's real cute. Especially when he says "one more time" ! Tyler loves to give hugs but brace yourself because he'll come at you with force. Love that kid!!

Colby (aka Colby Joe) is our 18 month old bundle of fun. Colby Joe (his real middle name is David but one of our friends started calling him Colby Joe and it stuck) is lots and lots of fun. He's picking up words left and right so we have to watch what we say ! (HA) He loves to play with his older brother but he keeps getting the losing end of the stick because of his size. Tyler is much bigger and makes Colby pay for it everytime. However, his fun-loving attitude keeps him coming back for more. Colby loves to nestle into your lap for a quick read. He loves to give hugs and kisses. He's great in the pool too and seems much more fearless in the water than his older brother. I think Colby has got some daredevil in him so I'm sure we'd better have good insurance !! Love my Colby Joe!!

So, there's my family. I just put together a new family website for us. It has some family photos to let you see my little guys in action. The website is in it's initial stages so I don't think I'll quit my day job !! Click here: Vaughn Family Website (defaults to photos but feel free to search around)

Thank you God for my family!! They are the best and I'm truly a blessed man to lead them !!

Joshua 24:15 (MSG) "If you decide that it's a bad thing to worship GOD, then choose a god you'd rather serve--and do it today. Choose one of the gods your ancestors worshiped from the country beyond The River, or one of the gods of the Amorites, on whose land you're now living. As for me and my family, we'll worship GOD."

God bless you all,

SJ


1 Comments:

At 3:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved your sweet thoughts about your family, honey. Thanks. You did bless me with it! You made me giggle, too, since you said our anniversary was fast approaching . . .December 7th?? I think I remember that we were married on the 6th! ha!!! Only even numbers for me, remember?? You are too cute. Love you hubbie
Kendra

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home