Sunday, August 08, 2004

The Joys of Comfort Fit !

My wife and I had some extra money that we had set aside to buy some new clothes. We ventured out yesterday while leaving the kids napping at home while Aunt Moni stayed back to watch 'em. Shopping without your kids is a whole different experience. It's amazing how much you can get done.

While shopping, I made note of some observations that I thought I would share:

  1. Do parents realize how loud they truly are when griping at their kids?
  2. My children are angels compared to some of the devil kids that were out yesterday.
  3. Department stores could help out with the divorce rate if they would just have a men's department that had a TV in it with some sporting event showing. I've noticed that unless the man is shopping for himself, he's less interested in the experience. Selfish pig!
  4. Oh, and if the man is frustrated at how long his significant other is taking, the pain involved in waiting is much less than the backlash involved by expressing his disgruntled opinions to the women he is with.
  5. Atkins, Weight Watchers, South Beach, Slim-Fast ... none of these will help you to lose weight. Go try on some clothes and you'll begin fasting immediately!!! (Not that I would know from experience ...again these are just observations!! :)
  6. I wish they would have mannequins that were more "realistic". Can you imagine a mannequin with a belly that hangs over the belt? It would help some men determine whether or not a belt is needed at all in some outfits.
  7. My body and the term "fitted" don't go together !!
  8. I love the term "comfort fit" !! It's a new term for clothes that allows us larger guys to actually not throw clothes across the dressing room while in tears that we have to wipe away before anyone sees us.
  9. If you bought so many clothes that your small toddler has to balance on top of the shopping cart instead of the proper front seat, then it's time to head to the cash register. (I actually had to do a double-take when I saw this!)
  10. It's a sad day when a 10-year old girl has to say to her Mom, "but those shorts are too short - they show too much of my butt!" Have parents lost their ability to discern appropriate vs. inappropriate?

God bless you all,

SJ

1 Comments:

At 11:10 AM , Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Absolutely PERFECT!!!!
Seriously--those parents who scream at their children in public...don't they realize that everyone is actually looking at THEM??!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home