Thursday, July 29, 2004

Wonder Boy to the rescue !

With all the superhero movies coming out these days, I thought of new one, "Wonder Boy".  Of course, I'd be the star.  I'm not 100% on what my latex-laden outfit would look like (yikes!) but I hope it's considered in the "loose or relaxed fit" variety.

What powers would Wonder Boy have?  Wonder Boy would simply just question enemies to death with questions about meaningless yet at the same time intriguing items.   Here are some questions for the pilot episode I'm working on:

  • Who pays the electricity bill at the White House?  Does someone sit at a computer and do on-line banking for 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue?
  • What graphic artist got his/her fame from developing the logo for the Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint logos on my desktop?  How much time, effort and re-work did it take to get those approved by Mr. Gates?  Or did he care?
  • How is that I can talk on a phone in Texas with my brother in Africa yet he can hear me real-time with little or no static?  I work for a phone company and I've asked this question.  The answer I receive is so confusing it needs a whole Wonder Boy episode by itself.
  • Why is it that some 18-wheelers have FISH written on the outside?  Is that to alert me in case I'm interested in some?  If there's some logical reason, then why don't we have some trucks with CHICKEN or VEAL written on them?  Discrimination?
  • Speaking of discrimination (this will be touchy), why is it when someone is referred to as  a colored person it is racist but yet we have the NAACP which stands for National Association for the Advancement of Colored People?  Why didn't that change to NAA of African-Americans?  I don't mean to be insensitive but Wonder Boy must ask the tough questions.  Is it because the NAAAA just isn't as catchy and it's hard to say?  Is it because a new logo would have to be created?  (Tap into the guy who did Word or Excel for a free quote)
  • Why is it that the hair on my head and face grows all the time, yet the hair on my arms seems to have reached its pinnacle?  Is it true that if you cut something back, it will grow back double in size?  I've heard that before... 
  • And finally... (and maybe this is because Wonder Boy can be camera-challenged at times), how truly does a camera take a picture.  A piece of equipment clicks and after a quick trip to the Wal-Mart photo center, I can have a re-creation of that moment on paper yet all I did was make my camera go "click"?  What exactly transpired between the camera and the subject and should children be near it?  At least a copier makes a little more sense since there is actually scanning of the item going on.  

Again, just a snippet of what's to come if this pilot gets picked up.   Maybe this is why I woke up at 4:30 this morning and I haven't been back to bed since.   Too much to wonder about.  If you have suggestions for other episodes, I'd love to "wonder" about them with you.   You know you've got some...  until then, Wonder Boy to the rescue!

God bless you all,

SJ (a.k.a. Wonder Boy)



3 Comments:

At 9:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make me giggle. Surely someday one of your brilliant ideas will make us millions! I just know it! Keep on with your fun thoughts . . .thanks for making me smile.
Kendra

 
At 11:09 AM , Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

OK, teen wolf, enough with the hairy arms bit. You're going to turn into one of the Avera brothers.

 
At 6:53 AM , Blogger Kelly Vaughn said...

On the electricity thing, I would like to ask Wonder Boy if he could ask if the electric complany itself has to pay for electricity? Who do they pay...themselves?

It's questions like yours that'll change the world!!!
Glad to be related.......
RV

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home