Wednesday, July 12, 2006

International Zerbert -- Oh, how I love ...!!!

Ok, this is just one of those pictures that makes you stop and say "Huh?". Yes this is Russion president, Vladimir Putin kissing a boy's stomach ... or maybe he's giving him a "zerbert" like I give my boys. Yeah that's it. Anyway, for a moment I felt I had a deep connection with a world leader ... or a world freak. Hope you get a kick of it too.

Speaking of getting kicks, have I mentioned what a funny family I have? Kendra and I have enjoyed plenty of laughs over the 9 years we've known each other (it was in July 1995 when we had our first date!! ahhhhh) but we've added a lot more with the addition of Tyler, Colby and even Brady. Each boy is so funny in their own way. Maybe it's Tyler with his funny phrases that don't make a lot of sense but are hilarious to all of us. Maybe it's Colby saying something funny that you know he put alot of thought into. Or maybe it's Brady offering a good baby giggle that makes us all laugh. Anyway, I'm just glad I have a family that laughs.

Speaking of laughing (loving the segues!), I had a good laugh recently over someone listing a bunch of things they love because they were so much like mine. There's not alot of reason to this list, just some things I love. Feel free to comment on mine or add your own:
  • God (ok, that was cheap but I had to put it, right!)
  • Jesus (ok, this is too easy)
  • Kendra (ok, I need to eat so that's why she's listed - just kiddin' dear!)
  • Dallas Cowboys Football (now we are getting real)
  • Texas A&M Football
  • Anything but baseball season and highlights on TV
  • "Unwrapped" on the Food Network
  • BBQ cookoff shows on the Food Network
  • Sonic Route 44 Diet Coke with Vanilla
  • Saying "Route" at Sonic as "root 44" only to always hear them say "rout 44" - which is it?
  • (by the way, did we get our kicks on rout 66 or root 66 - I rest my case Mr. Sonic CEO)
  • Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich
  • Wendy's frostys
  • comfy t-shirts
  • a long hot shower at the end of the day and ending it with a splash of cold just to help "the shower to take" - otherwise it's the shower sweats all night long and what's the point then!
  • a nice swim in the pool at the end of day, especially since I don't have to put sunscreen on (whip!!)
  • having worked at the same place for almost 14 years (who'd a thunk it - not me!!)
  • my funny kids
  • Jo Jo's circus (why did they move the DoodleBops in her place? Who do I complain to!!??)
  • Having a car that spends more time on the road than in the shop (sorry T-Bird, don't miss ya!)
  • my wedding ring - I've always loved it and noticed it again the other day
  • watching a hot dog eating contest and laughing
  • listening to Troy Aikman, George Clooney or Denzel Washington in an interview (man crush? easy now)
  • All my nieces
  • All my sister-in-laws (couldn't forget them - love you guys!)
  • My in-laws (they sometimes read this and I want a Christmas present)
  • Ok, all my brothers and brother-in-law too!! Creepy to mention that!! Yiggggeee!!!!
  • Talking to my twin brother in Africa for an hour and feeling like he's next door! How does this phone stuff really work.
  • Trying to play the finance game of making sure there's enough money in the account until the next payday !! Yeah - you know what I mean. What a rush!! HA
  • Watching the Doug Flute hail mary when he was at Boston College again and again and again.
  • Watching the Roger to Drew hail mary (including the push off by Drew) over and over again.
  • Taking 2 days off to watch the beginning of the March Madness College BB tourney with some buddies.
  • Picking NCAA BB brackets with my two biggest friends: George and Kendra!!
  • Royal Family Kids Camp (remember - you are supposed to be praying! I leave in 2 weeks)
  • Abilene Christian University - where I met most of my friends in life!!
  • And the list goes on and on ... what's your list?
God bless you all,
SJ

7 Comments:

At 12:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree we have to do somthing about those doodle bops
Jo Jo is so much better
lol
-Hailey

 
At 1:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dissagree I love the doodle bops
Garyn

 
At 5:09 PM , Blogger Kelly Vaughn said...

I agree about lots of those things, including our neices and nephews!! I don't know who the doodle bops are? Sorry can't weigh in there.
-Uncle Randy

 
At 10:28 PM , Blogger Kendra said...

I'm with you, dear - I miss Jojo. Randy, the Doodle Bops are 3 people who have painted faces with wild costumes and play in a band together. They sure can dance - makes me wish I could do those moves - but they're almost kinda creepy! Don't worry - keep up with Little House on the Prairie. I think that makes my list of "things I love". I usually find myself in tears by the end of every episode. Also love spending individual time with each of my 4 boys (3 little ones and 1 big handsome hunk), eating pasta till I bust, reading a good book while drinking coffee that has so much sugar and liquid creamer in it that it doesn't taste like coffee, and scrapbooking with friends. That's just a short little list!

 
At 6:55 AM , Blogger Brooks Inc. said...

The Doodle bops are weird and I am not a big fan...Payton told me my hair looked like Roonie's the other day, another reason not to like them.

Laughed out loud at your list...and even harder at your mom's comment!

Becky

 
At 3:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Donny, do you have some serious making up to do - leaving out the parents? Oh, I know - that is even above God, right?
Hey,what's wrong with baseball???
I have to add my favorite has to be up there with camping in Colorado, in a tent - no running water except for a nearby stream. That is living. Our preacher claims no one should take a vacation and live like a homeless person - I really beg to differ. It is the best!

 
At 10:41 PM , Blogger princessoctober said...

I happened upon your blog. I have to say it was a breathe of fresh air. You and your family love each other so much..and it shows. Things I love.....besides the obvious my kids and my boyfriend...The smell of autumn. I think thats one of my all time favorites. I have to say I wasn't raised in a real christian home, my mom made sure we believed in God, put we never attended church or were baptised. Mom was Luthern, Dad was Methodist. They felt they didn't want to force either one on us and decided when we were old enough we could choose. I have just now found that my faith is strong in God, but, my boyfriend and I aren't sure where we want to go from there. I'm sure God will lead the way for us, though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home