Wednesday, December 05, 2007

2 Days to 10 Years !

Ok, 2 days to go until our 10-year anniversary. If you missed any of the last posts (that started the 10 day countdown), scroll down to read them.

As I read this on Wednesday and seeing 2 days til ... it's a little misleading. Maybe I should have started a day earlier. Today is the day before our anniversary which is tomorrow. Yahooity !!!!

Certainly one of the things (or should I say 3 of the things) that cannot go overlooked in this 10-year reflection is (or is it are?) our 3 wonderful boys: Tyler (6), Colby (4) and Brady (21 months). We have been so blessed to have these 3 great guys. I say "guys" because they burp, fart, ignore Kendra and just watch TV all day like their Dad!! :-)

Seriously, they are great ... each in their own way. Tyler is a gifted artist. Or at least that's what he told me yesterday. Seriously he did. He was so proud of one of his drawings that he made that proclamation to me in the car on the way to run an errand. And by all accounts, he is a great artist. I talked to him about trying to find a way for him to use his talents to bless others. We talked about having him color pictures of superheros and mailing them to the local children's hospital so kids could have drawings on their hospital walls. He seemed to be open to that so I'm going to work with him on that after the holidays. Tyler has had his share of health issues mainly due to his sensory issues. Numerous trips to Austin and Dr. Stewart but the Lord really guided us there and Tyler is so much better now. He's done so well in school (even with just a little bit of help) and even posted straight-A's recently on his report card. We are SOOOOO proud of and love our little superhero, dress-up fanatic Tyler!!

Then there's Colby Joe. Of course his real name is Colby David but our little Joe was given this nickname by Kim Yowell back when he was an infant. Kim and Kendra swapped childcare (back in the day) and she gave Colby this name and it's stuck with us forever. I love saying "Hey, whats up Joe?" and he says "Good". Still working on the appropriate response. Colby is so sweet and tender and is a great ladies man!! HA He compliments Kendra on her nice hair and even notices when Kendra gets something new to wear. Way to go Joe for showing up your old man!!! :) Colby is our little athlete and is so fun to watch. He was for the longest time (and still is to some degree) Tyler's little punching bag. Not literally - just not big enough to take on Tyler in a good wrestling match. Now, he gets to do the same with Brady. He tackles Brady and it's kinda funny to watch. There have been times when Brady has knocked Colby over but that's because they are basically wearing the same clothes!! :) We love our sweet, fun-loving Colby!!

Speaking of the man-child... Brady is awesome. We love this kid. And to think that I thought at one time I was done with just 2 kids. I love how Brady plays in bed when you come to get him up. I love to watch him interact with his older brothers and thinks he is 4 or 5 years old. He mimics everything. He started his pre-school at the same place at Colby this year and that is fun. He's our little Brady Boo. I know people probably hate hearing us say "Boo" but it's cute to us so deal with it!! HA We've called him Brady, Brady Boo, Boo, and lately Crazy Boo because of some of the things he does. It's hard to put into words but he makes us laugh. We love (to some degree) when the plays the "Mama/Daddy" game. That's where he'll just say "Mama" over and over until Kendra says "Brady" and then he'll start saying "Daddy" until I respond with "Brady". Once I do, then he begins repeating the game. It's cute for a while and then we have to end it because it pushes us over the edge!!! But he knows he is cute and that is fun to us. We love our Crazy Brady Boo!

All I can say is that I'm a blessed man. I've enjoyed 10 years of reflection over the last 9 days or so. Thanks for playing and reading along. I'll have some final reflection tomorrow on our actual anniversary. Stay tuned for that. Until then...

Blessed be your name,
SJ

1 Comments:

At 9:10 PM , Blogger Kendra said...

These little guys have stolen my heart for sure . . .but you stole it first. So glad I'm yours and you are mine. I couldn't ask for anything more.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home