Thursday, December 06, 2007

Happy Avinersary Kiddo!!

Ok, today is our 10-year anniversary. If you missed any of the last posts (that started the 10 day countdown), scroll down to read them.

Yes, 10 years of marriage to the most wonderful, most beautiful wife ever. I'm so blessed as a husband to have Kendra as my wife, my parenting partner and my best friend. Thank you Lord for entrusting me with her and leading our paths together.

Some may be wondering about the title... or the spelling I should say. For some reason, somewhere along these 10 years we started having a little fun by not saying "anniversary" but calling it "avinersary". I can't pinpoint the day that occured (probably something I made up !) but we say it alot. So, for all of you out there who thought I couldn't spell, tak that!!! (some of you will get that joke, some of you won't!!)

Over the last 10 days, you've read (or can read later by scrolling down past this post) about my reflections over the last 10 years on a variety of topics. Of course, it would be appropriate to save the best for last ... that is the love I have for my sweet Kendra. Over 12 1/2 years ago, I laid eyes on her up at church in a class on a Wednesday night. From there, I excitedly courted her and made her my bride ... long before she knew it!! HA One of the things early on in our dating period was how much farther along I was with where I saw this going than she was. We were probably both a little off. Eventually I won her heart. I probably wasn't that great at trying to take it slow but hey, I knew I had a good thing and I didn't want to let her go. Fortunately the Lord led our relationship to a Saturday evening in early December 1997. On 12/6/97, we were able to present ourselves as a couple to our family and friends. We were blessed to have our parents, family, and some of our closest friends stand by our sides and to have some "Couples of Honor" be represented as well in the Jeffreys, Wilbanks and Hatchetts. We will always remember and cherish that special day. Still hard to imagine it was 10 years ago!!

Since then, we've been on a great journey together. From our first apartment in Bedford on Park Place Boulevard to our house here on Emerald Street. From our journeys as a young married couple to Oregon, Africa, Canada, and Prince Edward Island to our less traveling days with 3 wonderful boys to complete our family. We've laughed a ton, cried a few times, worked together on making our marriage better and partnered together to raise 3 wonderful young men.

I could probably go on for hours on how I feel about my sweet wife, Kendra but I'm not sure all of you reading this would hang with me!! :-) Just know that I'm a richly blessed man with a wonderful, loving, beautiful bride who I have been fortunate enough to spend the last 10 years as her husband. And that's a wonderful thought on this day.

Blessed be your name,
SJ

3 Comments:

At 9:27 PM , Blogger Monica said...

I have thought about you guys all day long. Hope you found some time to enjoy each other today. I sure am proud of you guys and feel blessed to have your example.
I have been meaning to call all day to wish you happy anniversary, but I think I will just tell you tomorrow. Your kids are in bed now and you might just want to enjoy your evening without the sister-in-law calling. Love you.

 
At 10:31 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you got our card. I told some friends today that it was your sweet 10th and they, like me, could not believe it was 10 years ago that we were talking about this beautiful Christmas wedding you were going to have. Time sure gets away from us.

Bless you both and I hope you get to do something special to celebrate.

Love you so much,
Mom and Dad

 
At 10:35 PM , Blogger Kendra said...

Happy "avinersary", sweet love. You are the best!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home